Monday, December 10, 2012

And He Walks With Me

            Good morning to all of you.  This week as our church service started I could feel a strong presence in our midst.  I have felt this presence before and knew it was the presence of Jesus.  The first song we sang was “In the Garden” whose lyrics say “and He walks with me and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own.”  I knew right away that this day would have special meaning.
            The next piece of the message came through our responsive reading, selected and spoken by our Vice President, Judith Mellor.  The name of the reading was “Footprints”, and one of the final lines in the sonnet reads, “I knew God walked with me.”
Our guest medium this week was Andrew List.  Andrew mentioned something in his talk that stuck with me.  He stated that people like to rescue themselves from their accomplishments.  He said, “No, it is yours.”  People work hard to get through whatever their hardships are and they should be proud of their accomplishments.  A few other pieces I received from Andrew’s talk were, “Energy that comes from love”, Enjoy the love”, “Jesus is not a Christian or a Jew”, and “The umbrella of God’s love and care covers us when sometimes we go off our path, but it is never gone.”
            The last song we sang was “Spirit in the Sky” and at a special time in the song it says, “I have a friend in Jesus.”  When we, Spirit and myself, put all of the pieces together this is what we came up with. 
            As people, all of us at different times will need to think about and evaluate our lives.  When we do we need to call on Jesus.  He is our friend.  He is not a Christian or a Jew or of any other particular religion or deity; he is on a level where all of us can reach him.  The umbrella of God’s love protects us all from the foul weather of life, but it is Jesus that holds that umbrella for us.  Jesus wants us to be happy and proud of our accomplishments through life because he gives us the strength to go through it.  I know that at the end of every day God walks with me and I know that he also walks with all of you.  Use his strength and courage which is there to help us continue on our journey.
                                     
Love and Light to all of you,      Ernie Robillard

No comments:

Post a Comment