Friday, November 30, 2012

Lullaby

Hello to all. This week we had our first church auction, it was a great success. I will come back to this at the end of the story to explain how it is relevant to this message.

            Our guess medium at church this week was Patricia Mellman.  The song she chose to play first during service was "Somewhere Over the Rainbow.”  As the song was playing the word “lullaby” and the phrase "I wake up where the clouds are far behind me..." caused me to have an immediate reaction.  I heard from Spirit that our life is to be a lullaby.

            As Patricia spoke to the congregation she mentioned a mantra learned in a class she attended.  It was, "I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you."  Later, while she was giving messages from Spirit, Patricia said the words "chit chat" a couple of times.  Once again these words made my ears perk up.

            In the last song we sang, "I Believe I Can Fly", the words "I Believe I Can Do It" also made my ears perk up.  When everything was done I asked Spirit to help me to put it all together.  This is what we came up with.  Although we have to be serious and live in this physical world, every once in a while we think about our unknown world or our “lullaby.”  All of us hold on to stuff from our past and we really need to let it go.  We need to say, "I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you" to Spirit.  All the "chit chat" that we hear in the physical world we need to put aside.  We need to be who we really are, Spirit Beings, and believe in ourselves, believe in our hopes and dreams, and learn to live outside the physical world.  We need to stop saying to ourselves, “someday I will do that” or “sometime in the future I will do this.”  Think of your life as a child's lullaby and take what might be thought of as impossible and start to make it a reality; as the song stated, "I Believe I Can Do It."  Be who you really are, believe in yourself with no fear and no expectations.

            At the beginning of this story I told you I would tie all this together with our auction and this is exactly how it works.  When we planned the auction our expectations were fair. We wanted it to be fun and enjoyable while at the same time we hoped to raise some money for needy families at Christmas time. We took the first steps and believed that with the help of Spirit we could be successful.  The auction greatly exceeded our expectations, was very fun and enjoyable and we will be able to help many families this Christmas. 

            Always remember our lives can be a lullaby, but we and only we are the ones who can make it come true.  Say to yourself, "I believe I can do it", "I Believe I Can Fly." Believe in yourself.  Everyone at the First Spiritualist Church of Rhode Island believes in you. Spirit believes in you.  Now it is time for you to believe in you.  Thanks for listening, have a great week, and remember to believe.

                                                                                 Ernie Robillard

No comments:

Post a Comment